By using the thecodexmc.com web site ("Service") or any services of TheCodexMC ("The Codex"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU" OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU MUST NOT USE THESE SERVICES.
The Codex reserves the right to change the Terms of Service at anytime without prior notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most recent revision of the Terms of Service at https://www.thecodexmc.com/help/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in terminator or suspension of your Account. While The Codex prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that The Codex cannot be responsible for Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
I. Account Terms
II. Payment, Refunds, and "Lifetime" Terms
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- You must be human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted and will be terminated.
- Your account must be associated with a valid email address and minecraft.net username to submit Content to the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of the account. The Codex cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when the Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws of your jurisdiction (including, but not limited to: copyright or trademark laws)
- Your account must only be used by a sing individual. Sharing accounts is not permitted.
III. Cancellation and Termination
- All paid accounts must provide a valid account through one of the approved payment providers provided. Free accounts are not required to provide an account through an approved payment provider.
- An upgrade from any free account to any paid account will cause immediate billing.
- The Service is billed instantly and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. No exceptions.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. You shall be responsible for payment of any such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Spanish (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade/downgrade, your current account will be terminated and your new billing cycle will be started.
- Paid accounts must be manually maintained. You will not be billed for any reason without prior consent after purchasing a paid account. Your paid account is valid for the amount of days listed on the checkout page, no more, no less.
- "Lifetime" items are only guaranteed for the life of the Service. "Lifetime" items are not valid on non Service brands or if the Service were to be terminated at any time. Exceptions are supporting partners.
- Forced refunds or "chargebacks" through supporting payment providers will immediately result in forced termination of your account. See "III. Cancellation and Termination".
IV. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. Cancelled account data cannot be recovered. No exceptions.
- The Codex, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any of The Codex's service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account.
- The Codex reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
V. Copyright and Content Ownership
- The Codex reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to subscription fees to the Service are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting changes to The Codex site, associated social media outlets, or the Service itself.
- The Codex shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
VI. General Conditions
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide the Service. Your profile and materials remain yours and/or property of any third party hosting. By agreeing to these terms, you agree to allow others to view your Content.
- The Codex does not pre-screen Content, but The Codex and its designee have the right (but not obligation) to their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend The Codex against any claim, demand, suit, or proceeding made or brought against The Codex by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify The Codex for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney's fees incurred by, The Codex in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding, provided, that The Codex (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit, or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally released The Codex of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistant, at Your expense.
- Any content produced on The Codex that is uploaded, shared, distributed, or otherwise hosted must provide proper credit to The Codex as the creator. This should be done via link to our web site, and proper IP address to connect to the Service. If these terms are followed, you have our express permission to claim the Content as fully yours.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only available via email or official support ticket. No other outlets are guaranteed as "official".
- You understand that The Codex uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply it is associated with the Service, The Codex, or any other The Codex service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access the Service without the express written permission of any The Codex official.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, misleading, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) or any The Codex customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination or suspension. (Depending on severity.)
- You understand that all technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to confirm or adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- The Codex does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (II) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained through use of the Service are accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that The Codex shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if The Codex has been advised of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third part on the Service; (v) or any matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of The Codex to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and The Codex and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and The Codex (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under law.
Last Updated: April 24, 2019