IntroductionHello players of The Codex! As you all know our server has been under maintenance for a handful of days, and we promise there are very good reasons! We have been listened to all of the requests and bugs you have found with the network, and we are happy to say we have implemented so many new things over the last
couple of days.
The Hub & LobbyThe most obvious changes you guys will see is our new hub and game lobby. Some exciting things about our hub and lobby is the addition of a new, longer, harder parkour course to complete. Its well worth the struggle, because when completed you will get an achievement and some extra bytes that can be used towards forbidden crates, pets, apparel, hats, gadgets, etc. We added the ability to double-jump in spawn to make getting around a little bit easier, as well as adding a launch pad from the spawn area to the game portal area. Be on the lookout for special hidden Easter eggs throughout the new hub and game lobbies.
Survival GamesSurvival Games has had a major overhaul! For starters, we have now made it possible for players to join a game during warm-up. That way if one of your friends is running a little behind, they can still join in on the fun!
Our Game Panel has received the most love and attention this past week. Most members wont be able to personally use the Game Panel, however, all VIP+ can now access new features to make your Survival Games experience more custom.
These changes include:
- New Game Types: Classic Mode
- We have added in a new Solo Mode, that will disguise all players with a random name, making it so nobody can be targeted or teamed on (teaming is against the rules in Solo Mode).
- We also have UHC Mode, which is very similar to a normal game, however, hearts WILL NOT regenerate. To accommodate this, we have increased gold spawning and apple spawning in chests for UHC Mode. As an added bonus we have made it possible to find regeneration potions as well.
- To combine the two for double the fun, we added Solo UHC which is a mixture of UHC Mode and Solo Mode.
- If you aren't a fan of these modes, don't worry! We still have the original Classic Mode that you all know and love.
- Grace Period: Off
- Can be changed in increments of 10 seconds.
- Up to 60 seconds.
- Fishing Rods: Craftable
- Enable whether fishing rods can be found in chests or have to be crafted.
- Mutations: On
- Allow / disallow mutating after death.
- Sponsorships: On
- Allow / disallow sponsoring a tribute.
- Deathmatch: On
- Disable the deathmatch for a shrinking world border instead.
- Player Whitelist: Off
- Used during tournaments.
- Whitelisted players will become tributes.
- Any players that aren't white-listed will automatically spawn as a spectator once the game starts.
- Deathmatch Threshold: Four Players
- Allows you to change the amount of players required for the deathmatch to commence.
- Minimum of 2, maximum of 10.
- Max Player Health: 10 hearts
- Increase or decrease the max amount of health a player may have.
- This does not affect mutations.
- Minimum of 5, maximum of 30.
- Kill Reward: Off
- You will be rewarded with 3 hears and Speed 1 for 10 seconds upon a kill.
- Game Rounds: One Round
- Select the amount of rounds of the game you want to play.
- The lobby will simply just start a new game without completely restarting the server.
- Battle Grounds has been updated to included a re-spawn timer after death. This was added to prevent clean-ups after killing a player. On death, you will be placed in spectator mode for three seconds. Once the three seconds are up, you will spawn back in as a player, ready to play!
- We have also changed up the scoreboards in game so they are less of an eye sore, improving your game-play experience.
- Slowballs have been nerfed to give opponents Slowness 1.
- Anti-Cheat has been changed and updated, therefore, things will hopefully run smoother for all players.
- Added launch pads to the hub.
- Added double jump to the hub.
Now onto some extra bug fixes and requests, spectators will no longer be able to move item frames or block projectiles.
- Spectators can no longer move item frames.
- Spectators can no longer block projectiles.
- You can no longer take items out of the Hotbar editor in Battle Grounds.
- You can now eat during the Deathmatch in Survival Games.
- Broken cobwebs will now give string in Survival Games.
- Lobby no longer spams "Unable to locate sign".
- All website permissions should be fixed.
- ... and many more.
Thank you all for being so patient while we made these changes. We hope you all enjoy the updates, and we look forward to playing with you guys. Despite all these changes, we still expect to have bugs because we're in beta! Therefore, if you see any bugs, please do your part as a player on our community and report them here. Additionally, we are always looking for new ways to improve your experience here on The Codex, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave them here.
Thank you again,
From The Codex Management Team
274.2 KB Views: 51