THE CODEX TEAM
- Owners - Full access to the server!
- Admins - Handles community tasks and manages the moderation team.
- Moderators - Ask them for help! They can kick, ban, and mute players.
- VIPs - Close friends of an owner. Do not ask for this rank.
- Creators - Content creators. Apply for this rank, here.
- Architect - These players have built a map or lobby that we currently use on The Codex!
- Diamond - Highest donation tier.
- Gold - Second highest donation tier.
- Iron - Lowest donation tier.
- Members - The general player, hello!
Keep in mind that there are people on the other side. Just because they may disagree with you does not mean they should be condescended to, insulted or otherwise. Discussion should stay as civil as possible, and your opinions stated in an intelligent manner.
- Don't flame, bait, or troll. Attacking someone is unacceptable.
- Do not ever frame others.
- Any problems you have can be solved with calm and polite conversation. The staff (and most of the users!) aren't out to get you, or insult you at every opportunity. Just talk to us like we're people!
- While we do not have a rule against swearing (just do not swear excessively), do not launch these insults at other members in this form. Swearing in light conversation, and swearing AT someone are two very different things. In general, a well-spoken person has no need of such words.
If you do, you risk offending others - even those you weren't directly addressing. The public use of slurs on The Codex (site or server!) is not acceptable in any circumstances.
- The purpose of this rule/policy change is to raise the level of mature, mutually respectful conversation on The Codex by strongly discouraging the use of well-known racial/sexual slurs. This is not intended to remove all occurrences of anyone taking offense to anything nor to affect the long-standing policy of allowing cursing in any way.
- If a slur is reported, it will be reviewed by the staff for context and impact using a "reasonable person" standard (would a reasonable person react or be expected to react to the statement in this way?)
- Edits of offending posts will either be requested or done by staff. Reverting those edits will draw further penalties.
- Use search whenever possible. Duplicate threads will be deleted, merged, and possibly warned depending on the situation. If you're about to post a thread asking a question, please consider whether the answer is easily found through Google, or any other source to save both yourself and the community time.
- Double posts will be merged and also possibly warned (again depending on the situation). You can only update your thread every 24 hours ONLY in content threads (suggestions, art, etc). The update MUST have a significant amount of content. Loosely veiled bumping will simply be merged, and possibly warned.
- Single-word posts are discouraged as a general rule. There are places where this is appropriate - Clan threads, forum game threads, hype-y development news, etc. Use good judgment, however. Pointless posting in most areas of the forums will likely receive a small warning.
- Hacks, third party clients, or a way to pirate Minecraft/any other game.
- Work that is not yours without express permission from the author plus credit where it is due.
- Pornography, offensive images.
- Hate speech: Including slurs, derogatory statements, hate support, posting to offend ANY social group; including age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality or sexuality.
- Signatures MUST be 145px in height or less. (This includes text!)
- No offensive content - refer to the above rules.
- No 'calling out' in sigs - if a member has offended you, bring it up with staff or ignore it, but please do not include the drama in your signature.
- Be aware that if your signature does not meet the above guidelines, you may receive a warning.
If you record videos on our servers you must credit our network in the video details (example below)
Play 'The Codex' Minecraft Minigames --